Fabric is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique advisor model allow us to deliver high quality financial services previously available only to the very wealthy, to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously not available
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management is delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What You Will Do
You will be an extension of the Fabric family and the face of the Fabric experience for our clients. As a lead planner, you are responsible for directly managing client relationships and providing an unparalleled experience. You will prepare and deliver objective, technically sound and comprehensive financial plans to our clients while maintaining an engaging and personal relationship with our clients. At Fabric, we are firm believers that human advisors are the key to true quality advice and Fabric will provide you with the tools and innovative technology so you can focus on helping our clients achieve their goals. You will work in an exciting and collaborative team environment with a client service associate that will assist you with day-to-day operations, client service and planning. As a lead planner, you will be asked to coach and mentor our CSAs that aspire to be lead planners.
What You Won’t Do
We will never ask you to develop business or sell on our behalf. We ask our planners to do three things: provide the best financial advice around, always act in the best interest of their clients and treat our clients with respect and dignity.
Why This Job Is Awesome
If you are excited about a career in financial services, and enjoy interacting with clients, then this job is perfect for you. You will have the support and guidance of highly qualified industry veterans as you learn the ropes in a “live” environment. We will also support you through continued education programs and help you achieve your career goals. We know that this is an important decision for you, and we are committed to providing an engaging work environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a job you can be truly proud of. And as an early employee, you will have a substantial say in the direction of how our product and service evolves.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Work directly with clients via videoconference, phone and e-mail.
- Act as a financial life coach for clients to help them identify their passions and to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Professionally and objectively build and deliver custom financial plans to clients ensuring the highest quality product and delivery of an unparalleled customer experience.
- Work with a client service associate [CSA] to prepare for client meetings, including collecting, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
- Work with a CSA to complete follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to recording meeting notes, completing additional planning or investment management tasks, and / or coordinating work with other team members.
- Handle, in concert with a CSA, client service responsibilities, including but not limited to regular client contact and communications, conducting account reviews, and addressing client related communications.
- Provide clients with asset management solutions, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, coordination of client withdrawal needs, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio rebalancing, and assisting with the implementation of new client’s portfolios.
- Develop and prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by team members.
- Assist and oversee the CSA with managing all operational items as they relate to client accounts including but not limited to preparing account paperwork, initiating and tracking transfers and account funding, implementation of asset allocation recommendations, service requests, and client online account access.
- Assist and oversee the CSA with management of the TD Ameritrade custodial relationship for the advisory team.
- Assist and oversee the CSA in coordinating all insurance applications and underwriting (for life, disability and long-term care insurance policies) through our strategic partnership with an independent insurance brokerage firm.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Background and experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts
- Licenses and credentials: Series 65 or 66; CFP® and ChFC® designations are required for the lead planner position. It is expected that you will have a desire to pursue additional industry and financial planning related continuing education. We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!
- Willingness to work independently with guidance and oversight from a team coach.
- Excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools – This is critical as we are not only a financial services company but also a tech startup!
- Dedicated to developing a career in the financial services industry with the potential for advancement within the company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Competitive salary and significant equity: we pay up for the best talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: health insurance, 401(k), etc (oh, and a dedicated financial planner)
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work (but most of us are in Baltimore)
- Work with the best: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives