Fabric is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique advisor model allow us to deliver high quality financial services previously available only to the very wealthy, to the 33 million Mass affluents in the US. As a company, our goals are:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously not available
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management is delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What You Will Do
As a client service associate, you are the outward face of the firm. You are the point person keeping our clients happy, both by providing extraordinary customer service and by helping the team leads ensure that things run smoothly behind the scenes. You will be in frequent client contact by phone or e-mail.
What You Won’t Do
We will never ask you to develop business or sell on our behalf.
Why This Job Is Awesome
If you are excited about a career in financial services, and enjoy interacting with clients, then this job is perfect for you. You will have the support and guidance of highly qualified industry veterans as you learn the ropes in a “live” environment. We will also support you through continued education programs and help you achieve your career goals (for example, getting your CFP® certification).
Also, as an early employee, you will have a substantial say in the direction of how our product and service evolves.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Assist team leaders with preparation for client meetings, including collecting, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
- Assist team leaders with follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to recording meeting notes, completing additional planning or investment management tasks, and / or coordinating work to other team members.
- Assist team leaders with client service responsibilities, including but not limited to regular client contact and communications, conducting account reviews, and addressing client related communications.
- Assist team leaders with client asset management needs, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, coordination of client withdrawal needs, tax strategies for assets under management, portfolio rebalancing, and assisting with the implementation of new client’s portfolios.
- Develop and prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by team leaders, with directed opportunities to present concepts to clients during planning sessions.
- Manage all operational items as they relate to client accounts including but not limited to preparing account paperwork, initiating and tracking transfers and account funding, implementation of asset allocation recommendations, service requests, and client online account access.
- Manage the TD Ameritrade custodial relationship for the advisory team.
- Coordinate all insurance applications and underwriting (for life, disability and long-term care insurance policies) through our strategic partnership with an independent insurance brokerage firm.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Background and experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts
- Licenses and credentials: Series 65 or 66; CFP® and ChFC® designations are preferred but are not required. It is expected that you will have a desire to pursue these designations as part of general career development.
- Willingness to work independently with guidance and oversight from other financial planners
- Excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools – This is critical as we are not only a financial services company but also a tech startup!
- Dedicated to developing a career in the financial services industry with the potential for advancement within the company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Competitive salary and significant equity: we pay up for the best talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: health insurance, 401(k), etc (oh, and a dedicated financial planner)
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work (but most of us are in Baltimore)
- Work with the best: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives